The term REALTOR® is a registered collective membership mark that identifies a real estate professional who is a member of the National Association of REALTORS® and subscribes to its strict Code of Ethics.
Being a REALTOR® is a membership identifier, not an occupation. REALTORS® are brokers and agents, but not all brokers and agents are REALTORS®.
REALTORS® are members of the National Association of REALTORS® who are bound by a Code of Ethics while helping you navigate one of the most complicated and important transactions you’ll make in your lifetime.
Ethics, Expertise and Education
the REALTOR® difference at work for you.
REALTORS® as Champions
REALTORS® are everyday working Americans who champion homeownership and property rights for the communities they serve.
REALTORS® are entrepreneurs and most often small business owners who exemplify the spirit of this country.
As engaged neighbors, REALTORS® are committed to building and enhancing the communities we serve and advocating for fair housing for all.
Regardless of how you find a property, expert real estate agents help take the stress out of the home buying process and navigate what is for many the most complex and important transaction they’ll ever do.
Real estate agents who are REALTORS® help consumers with:
Community knowledge – such as imparting information on local property taxes and providing objective resources on neighborhoods
Financial aspects – such as coordinating with lenders and researching mortgage rates
Legal matters – such as helping buyers manage required state and federal forms and closing documents
Every REALTOR® is bound by a strict code of ethics based on professionalism, consumer protection and the golden rule.
Silver City REALTORS® new member toolkit here.
179 Ways Agents Who Are REALTORS® Are Worth Every Penny of Their Compensation
1. Make appointment with seller for listing presentation
2. Send seller a written or e-mail confirmation of listing appointment and call to confirm
3. Review pre-appointment questions
Listing Appointment Presentation:
23. Give seller an overview of current market conditions and projections
24. Tour property
25. Review agent’s and company’s credentials and accomplishments in the market
109. Receive and review all Offer to Purchase contracts submitted by buyers’ agents
110. Evaluate offer(s) and prepare a net sheet for the owner for comparison purposes
111. Explain merits and weakness of each offer to sellers
121. Record and promptly deposit buyer’s earnest money in escrow account
122. Disseminate under-contract showing restrictions as seller requests
123. Deliver copies of fully signed Offer to Purchase contract to seller
132. Deliver unrecorded property information to buyer
133. Order septic system inspection, if applicable
134. Receive and review septic system report, and assess any possible impact on sale
144. Coordinate with seller for buyer’s professional home inspection
145. Review home inspector’s report
146. Enter completion into transaction management tracking program
151. Schedule appraisal
152. Provide to appraiser any comparable sales used in market pricing
153. Follow-up on appraisal
Processing for Closing:
154. Enter completion into transaction management program
155. Assist seller in questioning appraisal report if it seems too low
156. Get contract signed by all parties
Follow-Up After Closing:
175. Share the warranty paperwork for claims in the future
176. Attempt to clarify and resolve any conflicts about repairs if buyer is not satisfied
177. Respond to any calls and provide any information required from office files
What Do We Do?
Silver City Regional Association of REALTORS® and MLS
provide professional standards, support for property rights, homeownership initiatives, and industry education.
A Multiple Listing Service is an organization that is a collective of independent, local broker marketplaces. It sets down guidelines for cooperative listing sharing and sales. Members agree to work with and compensate other brokers in order to sell their listings.
The Silver City Regional MLS is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Silver City Regional Association of REALTORS®.
Find a Property
Search all properties for sale in the Silver City and surrounding areas via the Silver City Regional MLS.
The single most outstanding characteristic that sets REALTORS® apart from other real estate practitioners is their willingness to accept and abide by the Code of Ethics of the National Association of REALTORS®. The Code, which was first adopted in 1913, is a living document, responsive in its contents to changes in law and industry.
Accepting this standard as their own, REALTORS® pledge to observe its spirit in all of their activities whether conducted personally, through associates or others, or via technological means, and to conduct their business in accordance with the tenants set forth. Learn more.
The Silver City Regional Association of REALTORS® contracts with the New Mexico Association of REALTORS® to provide these services to our members.
Competition in Real Estate
REALTORS® are mostly small business owners who work to ensure buyers and sellers have the greatest access, transparency and choice through independent, local broker marketplaces that level the playing field for all types and sizes of brokerages. Learn more.
Real Estate Commission Facts
Cooperation between brokers benefits consumers. Brokers share their inventory with one another as a result of broker collaboration in the commission process. As a result, buyers and sellers have the widest range of housing alternatives available to them in one location, giving sellers access to the broadest pool of potential purchasers. Learn more.
Your Real Estate Professional Behind the Scenes
To accompany Home Buying in Six Steps, this article examines the role of the real estate professional behind the scenes. Share this with your clients to help them understand the value of using a REALTOR® when purchasing a home.
Welcome to Decoding Real Estate! A new podcast from Realtors Property Resource® breaking down the topics and trends critical to your real estate business. Every month we’ll be chatting with industry thought leaders, market influencers and successful real estate pro’s. Listen in as we lift the hood, inspect the inner workings and engage in eye-opening discussions on all the moving parts that affect the real estate world. Hosted by Reggie Nicolay & Genie Willett.